My name is Melissa Bresnahan. I am from Cleveland, Ohio and am going to be a third year student this upcoming year at John Carroll University. This summer, I will be working in an OCC VISTA position at John Carroll. My duties will include, but not be limited to: working in John Carroll’s Community Garden, delivering and serving food to the Heights Emergency food center, and organizing/coordinating other gardens in my community. I believe very strongly in promoting social justice for the poor, and have a very strong interest in mental disorders and the way they affect poverty. Since this is my first time dealing directly with hunger issues, I am really looking forward to all of the things I can learn from this experience. I hope to expand the knowledge that I have on food security in the United States, and most especially within my schools community.
Some of my Goals include:
- Learning more about community gardens and their effect on communities
- Finding out more about food insecurity and security efforts in both my school and home neighborhoods
- Reflecting upon what kind of things can be implemented both structurally and locally to improve food insecurity problems
- Taking any courses of action available to me that may make a difference for this issue

No comments:
Post a Comment