Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bio for Rick Samu


My name is Richard Marton Samu, and I was born March 2, 1991 to Attila and Jaccie Samu in Salem, Ohio. I attended Salem High School, where I participated in a variety of extra-curriculars, serving leadership roles in several. Among these were varsity soccer (co-captain), academic challenge (co-captain), varsity track, National Honor Society, and band (percussion section leader). I graduated second out of my class of 148 with a GPA of 4.67 in 2009.

A Cincinnatus and Choose Ohio First scholar, I attended the University of Cincinnati, where I planned on majoring in Astrophysics. After a year of hating all things calculus related, I changed majors and got into the Zoology program. During my past two years here I've been involved in various service organizations on campus, such as the University Honors Association; ZooMates, a mentoring program through both UC and the Cincinnati Zoo; the Adaptive Ski Program at Perfect North slopes; and Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity, Ohio Theta chapter.

I have a sister, Jocelynne, who also intends to attend the University of Cincinnati for Zoology when she graduates next year, two cats, a dog and a rabbit. In my free time, I enjoy playing soccer, dodgeball, ultimate frisbee, and the drums.

After graduation, I hope to continue my studies in order to obtain my Master's degree in Zoological Sciences.

No comments:

Post a Comment