Tuesday, July 12, 2011
The Corn Con
Although I realize this article was posted in the opinion section, I found myself wanting to read the other side of the story throughout the entire piece. The points were valid but if politicians are changing their opinions on ethanol I want to know why, not just that it is happening. I felt like this piece gave great facts but lacked a lot of the 'why' information that could have made it much stronger. Despite this, I think this is a good gathering of many separate points which all lead to the same argument and remember and even recently remember having a discussion about how the worlds hungry problems could be solved if only the food produced would go directly towards feeding people and not other avenues. Steven Rattner is right to call for change and on the news yesterday I heard talk that Obama may bring (or already has brought) ethanol to the floor in his new plan to decrease the national deficit. I don't know what his plans involve but it will be interesting to see over the next few weeks how the white house treats this rising issue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment